THE MILL OF DON JOSÉ ALCALÁ.
This building houses the Museo del Olivar y el Aceite de Baena. Until 1959 it was the mill of Don José Alcalá Santaella. Most of the mill machinery dates from the middle of the 19th century. During each olive harvest, a group of three millers worked this mill and grounded between 2,000 kg to 3,000 kg each day. The fruit came from olive groves in the Chitajillo and Vela districts.
Nowadays, this building has more than 800 m2 of exhibition space divided between its two floors.